In several articles, I have talked about the best gear to have when fly fishing. One essential piece that deserves its own article is fingerless gloves. With November upon us and streams still being stocked, the last thing we want to do is stop fishing. However, we do have to acknowledge that temperatures are dropping and our extremities are going to get colder, especially when pulling that trout from your net! This is where fingerless gloves come in!
Fingerless fishing gloves cover your hands while leaving your fingers exposed to the air. This style of fishing gloves is especially good if you need to be able to “feel” your line or bait while fishing and/or baiting up. When it comes to this style of gloves, you can choose from neoprene or fleece fingerless gloves. One particular pair that our professional guides like is the Simms Windstopper Foldover Mitt. However, it’s great to have a backup pair and if you do, fleece is mighty comfortable.
Both of these convert from a mitt to a 3/4 finger glove and both are windproof. We offer both of these models at Curtis Wright Outfitters.
The bottom line is that when it comes to fishing gloves, fingerless fishing gloves should be a part of every angler’s gear, especially when air temperatures are between forty and sixty degrees as tends to happen during November. ~ Kristen
See Product Reviews Below
Simms Windstopper Foldover Mitt Features:
Redesigned for more anatomical, comfortable fit with less bulk between fingers
- Durable, lightweight, quick-drying Soft Shell fabric with DWR finish and WINDSTOPPERr® mebrane
- Palm and cuff areas feature Polartec® WindPro® Hardface fabric for enhanced dexterity, durability, comfort, wind resistance and water repellency
- Integrated heater pack pocket located on interior of cuff
- 3M® light reflective logo details for additional safety
- Fold over mitt, fold back thumb
Chota Stow-A-Way Fleece Flip Mit Features:
Chota’s patented Stow-A-Way™ Fleece Flip Mit features a patented Stow-A-Way™ design, which eliminates the line grabbing bulk on the back of the hand when the fingers are exposed.
- Both the Mit finger covering and the thumb covering can be tucked away under the patented Stow-A-Way™ cuff, presenting a smooth, non-obstructive surface on the back of the hand and thumb.
- Two layers of anti-pilling Poly Micro Fleece sandwich a breathable PU membrane for a cozy, super-warm and wind-stopping fit.