For your convenience and hunting pleasure we have arranged three different game preserve venues to choose from:
- Broad River Farms near Rutherfordton, North Carolina
- Old Field Preserve near Mars Hill, North Carolina
- Triggers, Traps & Trout near Burnsville, North Carolina
Wild Ruffed Grouse Hunts:
Curtis Wright Outfitters offers a limited number of guided hunts for ruffed grouse in a wild setting. Our guides have trained bird dogs, but feel free to bring your trained bird dog or ask about a dog training hunt with one of our guides.
- Half day grouse hunt $195 – one hunter ($30/additional hunter)
- Full day grouse hunt $295 – one hunter ($50/additional hunter)
- Lunch is provided on all full day hunts.
- Gun rental is $15 per hunt.
Bobwhite Quail Preserve Hunts:
Curtis Wright Outfitters has three options available for guided hunts for Bobwhite Quail on private game preserves. Our guides have trained bird dogs, but feel free to bring your trained bird dog or ask about a dog training hunt with one of our guides. *Practice rounds of trap are also available.
- Half day quail $250 + venue fee – one hunter ($80/additional hunter)
- Full day quail $395 + venue fee – one hunter ($150/additional hunter)
- 12 birds per hunter for 1/2 day trips and 24 birds per hunter for full day trips
- Extra birds are $7 each.
- Full service bird cleaning is available at $0.75 per bird.
* Venue Fees:
- Old Field Preserve = $50 flat rate (only available December 15 – March 31st)
- Triggers, Traps & Trout = $50 flat rate
- Broad River Farms Preserve = $50/person for 1/2 day and $75/person full day
- Extra birds ($7 each); gun rental ($15); bird cleaning ($0.75 per bird); clay targets ($5 per 25)
Lunch is provided on full day guided trips.